Period 20, Feb~6, Mar, 2009
- FSO 5.1 have released. FSO milestone5 to fix some bugs that crept into the release, notably the "not working on bootloaders that mount the root partition read-only".
- The release has been built out of the fso/milestone5 OE branch. Get it at http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-stable/milestone5.1/
- 2009-02-20 0.35 pre-release - give it a try, more packages should now install, the bug was finally found.. Let me know if it works for you!
- Voicenote-Voicenote is a software which allows to record any sound from the microphone into a wav file. It is intended to be an easy and quick way to do so.
- netsurf-A new web browser for FreeRunner.
- new Project - Sync with Evolution / notifier
- MokoGeocaching 0.2 released
- It's a litle gtk python script that searches the geocaching.com site for caches near your current position or a user specified lattitude and longitude and add the cache as a poi in tangogps.
- The script can now:
- get gps location from phone
- user can manually set location
- user can specified range
- script can download matching geocaches and add as poi
- read geocaching.com username and password from configuration file threaded gtk and downloading - but unfortunately not searching unicode support.
- gui input for username and password
- The script can now:
- The package can be found here: http://www.opkg.org/package_141.html
- it only tested it on shr unstable.
- Voicenote 0.3 released
- At the new releas , you can play the wav files you have recorded with voicenote (or other wav files), and go back the the 1st choice dialog (record or play?) after each action.
- If you want to read more , please visit http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Voicenote .
- Sephora 0.2.2 available
Tips and Tricks
- moko 11 considered to be official
- Moko11 is considered to be "official". So far, received reports indicating that moko11 did indeed solve the problems it's supposed to address (i.e., lost wakeups and flow control.)
- The developer now also like to know if anything has gone wrong after installing moko11, e.g., if the changes in IO1 handling have introduced new wakeup problems. Everyone who's tried moko11-beta to please reply, either to the list or to Werner in private.
- About the draft of moko11, the draft is here.
- Help developing www.opkg.org
- Opkg.org needs some developers to develop some features.
- For Opkg.org was not updated for two months, but there are still some features needed, like a better comment system with email notifications, for example. Tobiasdecided to publish the opkg.org source code, by this way, anyone who want to help making www.opkg.org even better than it is today, feel free to contact Tobias.
- Munich Stammtisch was a nice meeting as well!
Not that crowded (4 freerunners) as Karlsruhe.
And: it will be repeated in 1-2 months!
Hi all, i have just pushed a new branch on kernel repo which will have the development efforts we are doing on the DRM kernel driver. It is called drm-tracking and is based on Tom's approach (thanks!).