- FSO- Freesmartphone.org team is proud to present the fifth milestone release codenamed 'Calling All Stations'. If you like to know more details read them here:
- http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/Status_Update_6. You can grab it on http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-stable/milestone5/ .
- Have fun and happy hacking.
- Angus Ainslie is the new official ditribution maintain of Openmoko. He will in charge of integration for manage buildhost server and downloads server, images management and intergation for the software team. Feel free to contack with him, if you have any questions about images.
- CellHunter-Cellhunter is a game with the goal to find as much unknown mobile cells as you can and submit them. You are playing in groups against other groups and collect the information together. Depending on the type of the collected cell you get points. New cells count more points than already known cells. More information at http://cellhunter.omoco.de
- Vala-terminal-Command Line Terminal. It is written in (vala) programming-language. Vala produces c-code, which is then compiled binary form, so vala do not add any runtime requirements/dependeries. This is official successor of openmoko-terminal2 (https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-community/2008/11/13/4084004/thread).
- GTick-GTick is a metronome application written for GNU/Linux and other UN*X-like operting systems supporting different meters (Even, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and more) and speeds ranging from 10 to 1000 bpm. It utilizes GTK+ and OSS (ALSA compatible). It is part of the GNU Project. This program has been originally written by Alex Roberts, but since he didn't have the time to develop and maintain it further, I (Roland Stigge) took it over (initially to package it for Debian, but there were too many "upstream" issues, so I decided to maintain the whole package). Since then, the program has been mainly rewritten (new DSP core, GTK+2 port, added features).
- Nethack-NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical and text interfaces all using the same game engine. Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly. Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
Application information updates
- Carlo Minucci personalized the default keyboard for write sms (for Italian language). You can download package here .
- Kustomizer for 2008.12-A script to install all kinds of cool stuff to a clean 2008.12 installation on Freerunner.
- Paroli-Mirko had made some big changes to Paroli. Like dbus interface is optional and you can work with both modes. Dilar reworked version was added...etc. You can check http://www.paroli-project.org for more informations. Check api section at http://www.paroli-project.org/api/.
- Guitar Tune had new release. It's based on alsa and automatically selects the appropriate alsa state. Have tested on FSO Milestone 4 and kernel 2.6.28. and it should work on SHR
too. Source code is available.
- Openmoko had moved to New Office. New office now locate in 9F, No.276, Jiang-Guo Rd. Hsin-Tien City, Taipei County 231 Taiwan.
- OpenWrt now has basic support for the Openmoko "Freerunner"!. kernel (2.6.28) is building and booting. D-Bus and the freesmartphone.org reference implementation. Xglamo with acceleration making good progress to get glamo acceleration working within Xorg. EFL (enlightenment foundation libraries) and enlightenment including illume.
- Screen protection - ARMR200 film-3M produce a product designed for touch screens called ARMR200. It can help you protect your screen from hurt.
- Tobias Kündig set up an a simple repository for www.opkg.org. The repository's address is http://www.opkg.org/packages/. Please feel free to test it and report any bugs/mistakes.
- Kaspernj set up a repository where this application can be downloaded. You can visit Kaspernj's user page , to get more informations.
- 4,947 total pages in the database.
- 832 files have been uploaded.
- 13,406,497 page views
- 65,318 page edits
- 13.20 average edits per page
- Hackable:1 Openmoko User Meeting in Paris (HOUM#1),Thursday February 5th from 18:30 on. The organizer will prepare a SD card containing the newest pre-installed , updated copy of hackable:1 to each guest coming to this event. the announcement on openmoko-fr (french) http://openmoko-fr.org/wiki/index.php/2009-02-05_:_40_passage_des_panoramas.
- First FreeRunner Party will hold in Italy at 8 February. Please check http://www.luccalug.it/wiki/Freerunner to get more information. (only in italian ).
Tips and tricks
- While you install Anddroid on FreeRunner. You need to prepairing an SD card with two partitions. There's many ways to make this SD card. And SD card can be formatted from within an existing 2008.x installation on your FreeRunner.