FSO- Freesmartphone.org team is proud to present the fifth milestone release codenamed 'Calling All Stations'. If you like to know more details read them here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/Status_Update_6. You can grab it on http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-stable/milestone5/ . Have fun and happy hacking.
- CellHunter-Cellhunter is a game with the goal to find as much unknown mobile cells as you can and submit them. You are playing in groups against other groups and collect the information together. Depending on the type of the collected cell you get points. New cells count more points than already known cells. More information at http://cellhunter.omoco.de
- Vala-terminal-Command Line Terminal. It is written in (vala) programming-language. Vala produces c-code, which is then compiled binary form, so vala do not add any runtime requirements/dependeries. This is official successor of openmoko-terminal2 (https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-community/2008/11/13/4084004/thread).
- GTick-GTick is a metronome application written for GNU/Linux and other UN*X-like operting systems supporting different meters (Even, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and more) and speeds ranging from 10 to 1000 bpm. It utilizes GTK+ and OSS (ALSA compatible). It is part of the GNU Project. This program has been originally written by Alex Roberts, but since he didn't have the time to develop and maintain it further, I (Roland Stigge) took it over (initially to package it for Debian, but there were too many "upstream" issues, so I decided to maintain the whole package). Since then, the program has been mainly rewritten (new DSP core, GTK+2 port, added features).
Application information updates
- Carlo Minucci personalized the default keyboard for write sms (for Italian language). You can download package here .
- Kustomizer for 2008.12-A script to install all kinds of cool stuff to a clean 2008.12
installation on Freerunner.
Screen protection - ARMR200 film-3M produce a product designed for touch screens called ARMR200. It can help you protect your screen from hurt.
- Hackable:1 Openmoko User Meeting in Paris (HOUM#1),Thursday February 5th from 18:30 on. The organizer will prepare a SD card containing the newest pre-installed , updated copy of hackable:1 to each guest coming to this event. the announcement on openmoko-fr (french) http://openmoko-fr.org/wiki/index.php/2009-02-05_:_40_passage_des_panoramas.