Smedia Glamo 3362
- Feature: Graphics/3D Acceleration + MicroSD support
- Homepage: http://www.smediatech.com/product3362.htm
- Driver: https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/target/kernel/patches/smedia-glamo.patch
- Data sheet: This is not available, as it is under NDA. It will likely never be available. (Source: Raster - IRC). There is hope that the glamo chip features may be usable even without a NDA, see the hack here
- Supports SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards up to 8GB
- Connected to: Glamo 3362 MMC/SD controller
- Driver: Check svn for the SMedia driver with SD implementation
- Supported microSD cards
- Specifications: SD Simplified Specification, MMC (partial), MMC (product manual)
- Main article: Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware
- Connected to: Samsung S3C2442B B54 Address/Data bus
This is a compilation of all the pubicly available information that is known about the Glamo 3362 used in the Neo FreeRunner GTA02 and links to past and present projects utilizing the Glamo's hardware acceleration. If anyone is working or has worked on hardware acceleration with the Glamo please add any links and any further information to this page.
Hardware Accelerated Projects
-  - Blog post by balrog accounting his working creating an accelerated mplayer driver using the Glamo 3362
-  Source for libglamo interface used for mplayer acceleration
- 256x256 Max Texture Size
- No Render-To-Texture Support
- 511x511 Max 3D Destination Buffer Size
- 8MB internal SDRAM
- 16bit local bus interface to S3C2410
- 2D acceleration
- 3D acceleration
- h.263 codec (encode/decode)
- LCM controller
- SD-Card controller
- hardware JPEG encoder/decoder
- Camera interface and imapge processing (unused)
- OpenGL ES 1.0
- OpenGL ES 1.1
- Mobile D3D
3D pipe line:
The datasheet is full of register settings. Openmoko hopes they could resolve the NDA issue in someway that could help people develop 3D development on FR.
- No 3D drivers (ogles) available.
- No public docs.
- No VGA, means no full-screen 3D. Only QVGA (sub-screen rendering).
- Slow texture uploads.