|In progress: This article or section documents one or more features whose implementation are in progress.|
Until OpenMoko releases an official GUI-Tool to change settings, SettingsGUI allows you to set various settings of the gta01.
This programm is written in Python using pygtk. It can be used only if those are present in your environment.
- Screen (Backlight enable/disable, Backlight brightness, Screen Orientation)
- Audio (profile selection, volume)
- GSM (Restart gsmd, signal strength, provider, status)
- GSM (Provider selection)
- Bluetooth (device scanning, connection, signal strength)
- GPRS (select APN, display transfer rate)
- Battery (show capacity, voltage, charger-status)
Comment on GSM-Support
- As there are no gsmd python bindings available at the time, SettingGUI uses python-subprocess and threads to communicate to the commandline of libgsmd-tool for the time being.
Thanks to Alessandro there also is an .ipk and a .bb file. Have a look at his user site.
The following archives will have to be installed:
- python-threading (should be a dependency of python-subprocess... ?)
- python-pygtk-dev (should not be needed... ?)
- python-pycairo-dev (should be a dependency of python-pygtk-dev and not be needed... ?)
If you want to test this and do not have a build environment, you can 'ipkg install' the python components from the ScaredyCat repositories.
|NOTE: These packages take up a considerable amout of space, make sure that you have enough free space or install the packages to the media card.|
Installation / Execution
- download file to Neo (e.g. using wget)
- Uncompress tar.gz file (e.g. gzip -d file.tar.gz, then tar -xvf file.tar)
export DISPLAY=:0.0 python SettingsGUI-x.x/SettingsGUI.py &