SensMon is a Vala-based monitor for sensors that can be used to visualize the sensor values on the handheld (but not only). The software is very experimental and does not include any kind of exception handling. You are using it at your own risk :) Its main purpose is to test the sensors included in the FRNBv1 and FRNBv2.
The monitor has been developed in order to easily add arbitrary sensors as sources. The monitor uses GTK and Cairo for drawing the values.
Included sensors comprise:
- ADS1115 Analog Digital converter
- HMC5843 digital 3D compass
- ITG3200 digital 3D gyroscope
- LIS302DL accelerometers via spi (GTA02) and i2c interface (N900)
- BMP085 pressure sensor
- Senserion SHT21 humidity sensor
- Logged input from text file
- Streaming over TCP sensor data from the freerunner to your desktop
This is a screenshot of the application monitoring the X and Y gyro-axis as well as the X-axis of the digital compass included in the navigation board:
Here is a screenshot of the user-interface for monitoring sensors over network socket (socat) or text file or hardware:
The sensor monitor has been tested on SHR unstable and Debian sid only.
SensMon is currently at version 0.2. The source can be acquired at http://gitorious.org/sensor-monitor