Revision as of 13:31, 19 September 2008 by VDVsx
- Openmoko remote controller is a Summer of Code 2008 project, that aims to write a application that can make Openmoko-powered devices appear to be a mixed Bluetooth keyboard-and-mouse device.
- Student: Valério Valério
- Mentor: Daniel Willmann
- ReMoko dependencies
- bluez-utils (>= 3.23) remokoserver python-ecore python-edbus python-edje python-evas python-dbus python-textutils
- FSO Milestone 2
- Runs "out of the box"
- FSO Milestone 3
- Won't work now, incompatible with the new BlueZ version.
- ASU 2008.08
- Careful with this bug: Ticket #1744;
- Require remoko_0.2;
- Runs "out of the box", if all dependencies are satisfied
- Runs "out of the box" - Thanks to Joachim Breitner
- Could require a small fix dependent on the BlueZ-utils version, see readme.debian in the doc folder of ReMoko for more details
- Start the remoko app in the neo;
- In a shell type 'hcitool scan' to find the address of the neo.
- In a shell type 'hidd --connect <neo_bt_addr>' (need root privileges) or use a user interface to choose the neo as a bluetooth keyboard;
- Windows XP and Media Center Edition
- Start the remoko app in the neo;
- Go to the bluetooth preferences and choose 'Add a new device';
- Choose the neo (default name is 'BlueZ (0)') and choose 'no password';
Using custom keys
- The keys bellow don't exist by default in the Illume/qtopia keyboard's, to add the keys to a profile you have to write it.
Allowed Keys: f1-f12 win (plus any letter or number, the f key is not allowed with the 'win' key, due a small bug)
- To use gestures to send events, you just need to install the gestures package (no need to start the gestures listener). You can also train the gestures.
- Connection to the majority of the bluetooth stacks;
- Connection status daemon (possibility to connect to the remote device when the connection are closed);
- Information about the remote device;
- Mouse Profile
- 3 button's mouse;
- Left button mouse holding (for drawing for example);
- Tapping functionality, like a touchpad;
- Vertical Scroll;
- Keyboard Profile
- Full qwerty keyboard;
- Numeric keyboard;
- Holding for Capslock, Shift, Control, Alt and Control + Alt;
- Mouse area with tapping functionality;
- Settings Profile
- Option to run the app in fullscreen mode or window mode;
- Option to set the sensitivity of the mouse scroll;
- The installer is a little bit broken at the moment, so check all the ReMoko dependencies, for Om 2008.8 the package: python-textutils should be the only dependence missing by default.
- In some images (last FSO) the keyboard only show up, if the app is in window mode;
- The mouse profile can slow down a little bit if you have the gestures daemon and other program running on the phone.
- Connection problems with Symbian S60 devices with BT-HID keyboard app provided by Nokia;
Tested Bluetooth Stacks
- Linux BlueZ Stack
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Media Center Edition (Toshiba Bluetooth Stack)
- Not Working
- Symbian Nokia's S60 - tested with Nokia Navigator (probably a BlueZ SDP bug)
- Games profile;
Need help in:
- Application logo (Tag name: ReMoko);
- Set of menu icon related to the neo (Icons in use are from the Gnome project, enlightenment project and Nenadgrujicic. ReMoko icon made by Fradeve11)
- Remoko Menu
- Remoko Mouse profile
- Remoko Presentation menu
- Remoko Multimedia menu
- Remoko Multimedia menu configurations
- Remoko About Screen
Ideas for the application name
- ReMoko or ReMoto (maybe some character that's a combination of t and k, at least in the splash/logo)
- Mokomo (shorter) -- + 1 vote
- FreeMote (Builds on freerunner and remote) -- +1 vote
- MokoKeyMouse (It can be a bit too long, so you can make it shorter as: MKM)
- Add your idea here
Ideas for the application logo
svg source avaiable, contact me --Fradeve11 15:14, 27 April 2008 (CEST)
- Add your idea here
- Possibility to control presentations easily (few buttons, PG-UP, PG-DOWN for example) - Done
- maybe even navigation via gestures[+1]
- possibly use the touchscreen similar to a touchpad (mouse) - Done
- maybe it is too much, but if you manage to make the touchpad, you could get a small screenshot of the big screen (it is useful for presentations if you want to draw/write something without quality). - unsupported feature in HID Bluetooth profile
- ideally generic GUI that loads controls from some xml config file to make it fully customizable for different purposes (media remote, presenter stick, ...)
- Connect as a Bluetooth remote to a Sony Playstation 3 for Bluray/DVD playback. (JReese)
- Make use of profiles to change the interface easy and fast (interface for mouse, keyboard, a mix of those two, presentations, remote controller for videos and music, ...) - Done
- Top part of screen as touch-pad, row of three mouse buttons across middle and whichever keyboard the user usually uses on the phone popped-up at the bottom as when adding text in any other app. - Done
- A MythTV remote would be handy, just a subset of a BT keyboard for common commands with a few nice icons rather than letters on (large) keys.
- Have one Neo work as a keyboard for another Neo (which becomes the screen)! (should be possible even now i guess)
- Change the icons on the mouse screen, so they are oriented as one's mouse would be. Right now the left mouse button is on the left, which is good. However, the image of the mouse is facing the user and the left mouse button is to the right of the image.
- Do all that, but through usb0 or Wifi next to bluetooth. Not every computer has bluetooth. - unsupported feature in HID Bluetooth profile
- Playlist data of running media application on computer could be send through bluetooth and than controled via BT. - unsupported feature in HID Bluetooth profile
- Using mouse through accelerometers, much like wiimote. A softbutton can be used to enable and disable this at will.
- Add your wish here
- 1- Write a HID BlueZ driver that can enable the Openmoko to be seen as a mixed keyboard and mouse in the three major OS's. - Done
- 2- Map keys and mouse gestures to the USB HID usage tables. - Done
- 3- Write the UI and some other features. - In progress