Revision as of 17:01, 12 May 2008 by Lokolb
- Openmoko remote controller is a SoC 08 project, that aims to write a application that can make Openmoko-powered devices appear to be a mixed Bluetooth keyboard-and-mouse device.
- Student: Valério Valério
- Mentor: Daniel Willmann
Ideas for the application name
- ReMoko or ReMoto (maybe some character that's a combination of t and k, at least in the splash/logo)
- Mokomo (shorter)
- FreeMote (Builds on freerunner and remote) -- +1 vote
- MokoKeyMouse (It can be a bit too long, so you can make it shorter as: MKM)
- Add your idea here
Ideas for the application logo
svg source avaiable, contact me --Fradeve11 15:14, 27 April 2008 (CEST)
- Add your idea here
- Possibility to controll presentations easily (few buttons, PG-UP, PG-DOWN for example)
- maybe even navigation via gestures
- possibly use the touchscreen similar to a touchpad (mouse)
- maybe it is too much, but if you manage to make the touchpad, you could get a small screenshot of the big screen (it is useful for presentations if you want to draw/write something without quality).
- ideally generic GUI that loads controls from some xml config file to make it fully customizable for different purposes (media remote, presenter stick, ...)
- Connect as a Bluetooth remote to a Sony Playstation 3 for Bluray/DVD playback. (JReese)
- Make use of profiles to change the interface easy and fast (interface for mouse, keyboard, a mix of those two, presentations, remote controller for videos and music, ...)
- Top part of screen as touch-pad, row of three mouse buttons across middle and whichever keyboard the user usually uses on the phone popped-up at the bottom as when adding text in any other app.
- A MythTV remote would be handy, just a subset of a BT keyboard for common commands with a few nice icons rather than letters on (large) keys.
- Add your wish here
- 1- Write a HID BlueZ driver that can enable the Openmoko to be seen as a mixed keyboard and mouse in the three major OS's.
- 2- Map keys and mouse gestures to the USB HID usage tables.
- 3- Write the UI and some other features.