Qtmail is the default mail application on Om 2008.8. It is called Messages on the main screen. Qtmail supports POP3, IMAP, SMTP, SMS, MMS, EMS.
To send e-mail you need to set up at least one outgoing e-mail account. After this setup you can start sending e-mails from your Contacts list too.
- Start Messages
- Click Options and choose Account settings...
- Click Options and choose Add account...
- Configure your e-mail account and outgoing server settings
Configuration for encrypted mail
1. qtmail is already installed by default, but it doesn't support ssl/tls, so we will make it use ssl/tls
cd /usr/lib ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so
2. you will need the c_rehash script, which is not in the OM repositories. as it is a perl script, it will run on any machine with perl, and can be copied direct from your desktop/laptop. it will be in /usr/bin . copy it to the same location on your neo, ensure it is permitted to execute
3. then we need to import our certificate change 'myprovider' and 'port' according to your settings: on the freerunner (possibly via ssh), do:
openssl s_client -connect 'myprovider':'port' -showcerts
- myprovider: imap.googlemail.com
- port: 993
4. copy the part between(and including ):
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE-----
5. put it in a file,that you will put on a folder,then do
then copy the content of the folder to /opt/Qtopia/etc/ssl/certs/
6. then need to configure qtmail according to your mail provider settings, and it should work
The Qtopia mail and SMS application, default Messages application on Om 2008.8