Openmoko is still developing new phones. Each phone has an internal name before it's reaches it's final status. Here you can follow the development for nearby.
The fourth Openmoko planned, GTA04, will be based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The next phone, GTA03, will be based on the same system-on-a-chip as the Neo FreeRunner (GTA02). It will presumably differ from it by having a 3.5 mm TRS audio connector (instead of a 2.5 mm connector), EDGE and a camera. GTA03 will not include support for 3G networks.
GTA02 (Neo FreeRunner)
- Main article: GTA02 development
GTA01Bv4 (Neo 1973)
- Main article: Neo 1973 Phase 1
The Neo Base costed $300, with the Advanced kit costing $450. Both have now sold out.
See Neo 1973 hardware for what components GTA01B_v04 contains.
Neo Base -- everything the mobile application developer needs to enjoy the benefits of the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:
* Neo 1973 (GTA01B_v4) * Battery (1200mAh) * Stylus * Headset * Phone Pouch * Lanyard * SanDisk 512MB MicroSD Card * Mini USB Connectivity Cable
Neo Advanced -- everything the mobile device hacker wants to get down and dirty with the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:
* Neo 1973 (GTA01B_v4) * Battery (1200mAh) (2x) * Stylus * Headset * Phone Pouch * Lanyard * SanDisk 512MB MicroSD Card (2x) * Mini USB Connectivity Cable (2x) * Debug Flex Cable * Debug Board v2 (JTAG and serial console) * Ruggedized Toolbox with shoulder strap * Guitar Pick (for opening case) * Torx T6 screwdriver
You do not need the Advanced package to do normal kernel, or application development, only perhaps hacking on u-boot.
As described in Sean's post on mailing list (with some adjustments/corrections).
- Main article: Neo 1973 Phase 0
- See also Wishlist:Neo1973_P0_Review
36 developers have received their devices.