Paroli is a new approach to application development on the Openmoko phones. It is actually able, in combination with Om2009 distribution to make Freerunner work as a simple phone. It's based on top of the FSO framework and enables the use of it via a core and several services.
For more information please visit Paroli website
If you are interested in helping out with paroli, contribute code or test or or or ... Let us know! Send a mail to Mirko and/or visit #paroli IRC channel!
Stuff that works
Paroli actually makes FR a simple, very working phone!!
- ability to turn off PIN check & change pin! (The first distro that does it ?)
- Connecting to WLAN (with WPA, WPA2, WEP)
- suspend & resume
- etc etc
Installation / download
To install the Om2009 distribution download the uImage and fso-paroli-image from http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/testing/NeoFreerunner/
Only the package
In order to get the package from unstable you'll need to adjust the configuration of opkg:
echo src/gz openmoko-unstable-armv4t http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/armv4t > /etc/opkg/om-unstable.conf
Then do an opkg-update and opkg install paroli.
This should get you the newest version.
Getting the sources
I/O... what's that..
- I/O is the phone log. It'll show your dialled, answered and missed calls.
- why do you name something so fundamentally necessary, with such an obscure name?
- Msgs is the place to send & read messages (SMS)
- Tele is the dialler
- People is the phone book
How do I get to settings?
Go to the home-screen (the one with the big clock) and hold the AUX-button pressed for 2 seconds.
How do I get Illume?
Open settings, click on "display" and then hit "profile" (once) and be patient, after some rumbling on the screen you will have the standard illume look with paroli in windowed mode.
How do I shut it down?
Hold the power button down for 10 seconds. It will not give you a visual feedback, it just starts shutting down.
How do I change the audio profile
- When not on call, short pressing of AUX changes between audio profiles (default / silent).
- When on call, it changes the speaker volume (20-40-60-80-100%). Using level over 80 might cause some echo.
Where are the messages folder? Drafts, sent etc.?
How do I lock the screen, without going to suspend?
How do i set the alarm?
How do I contribute?
See wiki page paroli-issues for the list of known issues and vital feature requests.
Bug tracker is available at http://www.paroli-project.org/trac