In a few words one could say: paroli is a new approach to application development on the Openmoko phones. Paroli is based on top of the FSO framework and enables the use of it via a core and several services.
For more information please visit Paroli website
Getting the sources
- a launcher was introduced allowing the launching of paroli-applications from within paroli itself. - the dbus interface is optional and both modes should work.
- closing application windows from within the window-manager does not kill the process anymore
- introduction of a preliminary audio service allowing to mute calls (a test service for non-fso environments was also added).
- a reworked version of the dialer was added
- works on an error-message service have begun
- works on a service checking for changes in the fso have begun and many small fixes in the code
[paroli] weekly update week 10 of 2009
here an overview if the highlights of the things the paroli team has been working on in week 9 and the first part of week 10:
-the msgs application is in and being shipped in every build you can view, send, receive, answer to and forward messages also it will offer you to save any unknown number to your phonebook
-the people application is in and also being shipped every day you can view, edit and directly call a contact
- the call logs i.e. the i/o application is also being shipped you can view your call logs and directly return the call also it will offer you to save any unknown number to your phonebook
- dtmf in tele
- ussd in tele you can receive and send simple ussd messages. NOTE: a very ugly window will open with the message written in very small letters, but it works. We will have a look into this a bit later.
- small reworks on the lists we use
- gsm and battery icons
- muting ringtone when incoming call
- muting call (mutes microphone)
- Charlie did a complete rework of the service class so that there should not be any errors due to services not waiting for one another anymore
and lots of other small things that would make this an endless list :)
what will we do next: we will focus on some details that had been neglected so far such as - finally getting some scrolling or paging to work in our lists - getting some secondary actions associated with our list items - look at how we can go about a settings application as discussed on this list earlier - make certain internal adjustments to classes and applications to allow more flexibility - getting an image that works out of the box again
7 days update Feb 13 ~ Feb 20
- gotten daily build unstable images which by now boot directly into paroli
They do come with bugs and issues sometimes critical like today when paroli hangs because a resource in the framework is not available at paroli launch. This will be gone tomorrow.
- Fixed lots of bugs and issues such as: -- unicode in message reading -- loading messages from the SIM and saving incoming messages in the phone automatically -- made all our lists automatically react to changes in items etc -- gui issues such as the PIN dialog -- got rid of the green topbar ;) -- muting ringtone on incoming call -- muting call in call (also as of tomorrow again)
- moved most of the Milestone two tickets to testing
- were feverishly working on the stuff for the next milestone
What are we planning to do next?
- keep on fixing issues in MS2 - continue working towards MS3 - get the kbd to match paroli on the image - get messaging and contacts up and running as soon as possible to allow brave testers to use paroli daily ... any volnteers ? ;)
--if anyone is interested in helping out with paroli, contribute code or test or or or ... Let us know! ]
on its own image (FSO MS 5 based):
Only the package
In order to get the package from unstable you'll need to adjust the configuration of opkg:
echo src/gz openmoko-unstable-armv4t http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/armv4t > /etc/opkg/om-unstable.conf
Then do an opkg-update and opkg install paroli.
This should get you the newest version.
You can downloads paroli from : http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-milestone5/feeds//armv4t/paroli_0.2.1+gitr7a2...442-r0_armv4t.ipk