In a few words one could say: paroli is a new approach to application development on the Openmoko phones. Paroli is based on top of the FSO framework and enables the use of it via a core and several services.
For more information please visit Paroli website
Getting the sources
- a launcher was introduced allowing the launching of paroli-applications from within paroli itself. - the dbus interface is optional and both modes should work.
- closing application windows from within the window-manager does not kill the process anymore
- introduction of a preliminary audio service allowing to mute calls (a test service for non-fso environments was also added).
- a reworked version of the dialer was added
- works on an error-message service have begun
- works on a service checking for changes in the fso have begun and many small fixes in the code
7 days update Feb 13 ~ Feb 20
- gotten daily build unstable images which by now boot directly into paroli
They do come with bugs and issues sometimes critical like today when paroli hangs because a resource in the framework is not available at paroli launch. This will be gone tomorrow.
- Fixed lots of bugs and issues such as: -- unicode in message reading -- loading messages from the SIM and saving incoming messages in the phone automatically -- made all our lists automatically react to changes in items etc -- gui issues such as the PIN dialog -- got rid of the green topbar ;) -- muting ringtone on incoming call -- muting call in call (also as of tomorrow again)
- moved most of the Milestone two tickets to testing
- were feverishly working on the stuff for the next milestone
What are we planning to do next?
- keep on fixing issues in MS2 - continue working towards MS3 - get the kbd to match paroli on the image - get messaging and contacts up and running as soon as possible to allow brave testers to use paroli daily ... any volnteers ? ;)
--if anyone is interested in helping out with paroli, contribute code or test or or or ... Let us know! ]
on its own image (FSO MS 5 based):
only the package In order to get the package from unstable you'll need to add a file:
create a file in the /etc/opkg folder with the content:
src/gz openmoko-unstable-armv4t http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/armv4t
Then do an opkg-update and opkg install paroli .
This should get you the newest version.
You can downloads paroli from : http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-milestone5/feeds//armv4t/paroli_0.2.1+gitr7a2...442-r0_armv4t.ipk