PIM storage describes a means of storing data in an extensible and cross-referencable way.
Goals & Objectives
- Method to exchange data between all applications completely transparent
- Personal data security / encryption
- Great bidirectional sync of personal data
- Easy method for backup (ideally this should be automatic)
- Real-time incremental search
- Autocomplete of personal data information
- I would like to attach arbitrary data to a contact (AKA: custom fields)
- I would like some level of integration with automatic switching of profiles. For example, it would be cool to automatically backup my personal data to my desktop PC when I get home.
- I want to type the first few numbers of a phone number and be presented a list of matching contacts.
- I want to add a contact to multiple groups (AKA: categories)
- I want to be able to send my contact info to other OpenMoko devices over bluetooth
- This will be based on Embedded EDS, this way we will can directly use Evolution data, get OpenSync for free, and eventually be able to talk to a Microsoft Exchange Server using the Novell Connector.
- Embedded EDS needs libglade2, dbus, and libdb.
- Synchronizing w/ Outlook
- Synchronizing w/ MacOS X
- Synchronizing w/ Google services
- mokod - An OpenMoko daemon to run on host operating systems
Questions and Answers