Om 2008 Installer
Installer is a tool for installing, updating and uninstalling programs on your Neo.
Download & Install
Installer uses a WiFi or USB network connection to connect to repositories.
' Connect to a WiFi network in the Settings application, or manually connect to a USB network connection before proceeding to Installer.
 In Installer, press the INSTALL button from the bottom bar to view a list of Categories. This is also the default page of the Installer application.
 Select a Category from the category list, then select a package to install.
 In the package information page, press the image box and confirm to begin.
 Once the progress bar shows Done, you will return to the Installer default page. Installation is then complete.
- To update or uninstall packages, simply replace step  with the desired function UPDATE or UNINSTALL and proceed to through step .
Sharing applications amongst users and developers is easy using the Multiverse. Anyone can upload applications or even their own repository to share with fellow Neo owners.
How to add a package to Openmoko Repository
Installer Tech. Features
- When Installer has been launched, it will actually try to detect repositories you installed. It will takes some time if your network condition is not so good.
- Please run Installer with good network condition and good power supply.
- According to this using USB connection is recommended.
- Or connecting to WiFi with Charger.
- Installer will refresh all the packages meta-data for every two days.
- When running Installer, it will also launch packagekitd automatically, in which will lock the libopkg for synchronization issues, if you want to use opkg. You may terminate Installer and killall packagekitd.
- Installer is a specialized GUI front-end of Packagekit over DBus interface.
- If you are very geek, you actually can talk with Packagekit through DBus.
- The default Packagekit backend on Neo is opkg, but not have to be opkg.
- The project name of Installer is Assassin, the source code are on http://code.google.com/p/om-assassin/
 Assassin project - http://code.google.com/p/om-assassin/
 Packagekit project - http://packagekit.org/
 Opkg package management - http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Opkg