Om 2008.9 Update
Revision as of 02:06, 22 October 2008
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
The Om 2008.9 Update is the first of many point releases to come after the initial Om 2008.8 release and is recommended for Om version 2008.8. This includes general operating system improvements that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Neo.
For detailed information about fixes and updates, please visit Openmoko Trac.
Products Affected: Neo FreeRunner
Installing the update
| WARNING: It is recommended that you back up your Neo prior to installing any updates.
Do not attempt to install 2008.9 to the Neo 1973 (GTA01). It is not compatible with this earlier model.
Download and Flashing
If you prefer to stay at the head tip of the ASU distribution, just doing opkg update && opkg upgrade is enough. You may want to flash the splash screen only, but this is cosmetic.
The files with -20080916- in the name and the files without date are identical (symlinks actually). The three days discrepancy between 2008-09-16 (in the filenames) and 2008-09-19 (in the last modified column) is normal, that is the time it took to pull the files from the git, build the packages, test them and publish them.
- Created public unstable/testing/stable branches for Om 2008
- New meta toolchain Details
- Fixed issue with unknown wifi showing in settings
- Fixed Qtopia build issues
- Fixed suspend request issues in illume
- Added low battery alert signal - battery turns red
- Added carrier information
- Improved overall error handling and stability
- Fixed issues with packages getting switched to wrong categories
- Fixed issues with accuracy of tag saving
- Fixed tag text issues
- Fixed issues with the location of saving maps
- Improved overall call/message handling during suspend
- Improved PIN dialog pop up
- Fixed issues with showing UTF8 correctly
- Improved sound handling issues during calls
- Improved overall GUI usability issues
- Improved speed of opening/closing of application
- Improved suspend time handling
- Fixed issues with sound profile not switching correctly
- Fixed issues with time changes after removal of battery
- Fixed issues with no sound after resume
- Improved AUX light during charging
- Improved overall suspend/resume handling
Also, along that distribution update comes a new (more sober) splash screen.
- WiFi can only connect once
- A lot of focus is on wifi at the moment. An Om update is scheduled to release once we have basic usability working on the device.
- After long suspend, kernel thread events
- xglamo: performance decreases after a while
- Neo turns off before reaching x
Some targets for 2008.10
Some useful resources: