Om 2008.12 Update
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
The Om 2008.12 Update is the second point releases to come after the initial Om 2008.8 release and is recommended for Om version 2008.9. This includes general operating system improvements that enhance the speed and stability of your Neo.
For detailed information about fixes and updates, please visit Om2008.12 Openmoko Trac.
Products Affected: Neo FreeRunner
Installing the update
| WARNING: It is recommended that you back up your Neo prior to installing any updates.
Do not attempt to install 2008.12 to the Neo 1973 (GTA01). It is not compatible with this earlier model.
Download and Flashing
- Fixed illume/ompower bug
- Fixed issues with accessing the last item in a list
- Fixed issues with new tags
- Fixed issues with deleting tags
- Fixed issues with duplicate contacts
- Fixed GSM signal issues
- Fixed SIM import issues
- Improved call volume
- Impproved voice call experience by adding a volume bar
- Removed suspend time option for 10 seconds
- Improved boot time
- Improved touch screen interaction
Om 2008.12 Trac
- ticket 1662 GSM not working properly after x hours
- ticket 1832 Cannot dial numbers starting with * or #
- ticket 1929 WiFi can only connect once
- ticket 1640 Improve overall audio
- After long suspend, kernel thread events
- xglamo: performance decreases after a while
- Neo turns off before reaching x
- Merging om.dev back to OpenEmbedded upstream
- Updating to latest kernel in andy_tracking
- Next major release: Om 2009
- More notes from John Lee
- #1255 No indication of battery charging when power is off
- #1662 [GSM] not working properly after x hours of usage
- #69 Speed up System Initialization
- #1482 [oe]AUX bottom doesn't shine red light while charging
- #1884 [suspend/resume] if press power button right after suspend, the device won't wake up
- #1803 Installer reports all package Download size as 0 bytes
Above remain to be fixed. 1884 and 1482 are known to be solved in andy-tracking, and #69 is just there for easy tracking because we haven't reach 30 secs yet.
Some useful resources: