Om 2008.12 Update
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
The Om 2008.12 Update is the second point releases to come after the initial Om 2008.8 release and Om 2008.9 and is recommended for Om version 2008.9. This includes general operating system improvements that enhance the speed and stability of your Neo.
For detailed information about fixes and updates, please visit Om2008.12 Openmoko Trac.
Products Affected: Neo FreeRunner
Installing the update
| WARNING: It is recommended that you back up your Neo prior to installing any updates.
Do not attempt to install 2008.12 to the Neo 1973 (GTA01). It is not compatible with this earlier model.
Download and Flashing
- Fixed illume/ompower bug
- Fixed issues with accessing the last item in a list
- Fixed issues with new tags
- Fixed issues with deleting tags
- Fixed issues with duplicate contacts
- Fixed GSM signal issues
- Fixed SIM import issues
- Improved calling experience with volume bar
- Improved speed of opening/closing of application
- Improved suspend time handling
- Fixed issues with sound profile not switching correctly
- Fixed issues with time changes after removal of battery
- Fixed issues with no sound after resume
- Improved AUX light during charging
- Improved overall suspend/resume handling
Also, along that distribution update comes a new (more sober) splash screen.
- ticket 1662 GSM not working properly after x hours
- ticket 1832 Cannot dial numbers starting with * or #
- ticket 1929 WiFi can only connect once
- A lot of focus is on wifi at the moment. An Om update is scheduled to release once we have basic usability working on the device.
- After long suspend, kernel thread events
- xglamo: performance decreases after a while
- Neo turns off before reaching x
There are no 2008.10 or 2008.11 releases. Openmoko set up an "Optimization team" led by John Lee to work on improving the distribution. The project last two months. No formal release was made in the end, even though the team considerably improved boot speed and fixed many bugs (download directory). The state of the tree at the end of the effort is summarized here.
See Openmoko's software roadmap from December 2008 to mid 2009.
Some useful resources:
- Matthias's installation report.