English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
Om2008.8 is the successor to OM2007.2. Om2008.8 uses EFL for the launcher, custom UI applications and Qtopia on X11 for telephony. It is the first step from GTK+ on x11 to using multiple toolkits in combination. Om2008.8 now supports EFL, Qtopia and GTK+ applications.
Om2008.8 was designed to be as empty as possible, for the very purpose of showcasing your ideas.
Think of our products as museums. We're building the environment. Each one different from the next. You'll get all the free art supplies you could imagine because we want you to add your own meaning. You choose: consume, create, or both.
Either way you create your own meaning. It's about you. Our design is more like non-design. We try to "remove" anything obvious. And focus on what's meaningful. We focus on making products that are open and simple. Only products that are open can grow as you grow. Only something simple can be used by everyone.
Om2008.8 allows you to customize your Neo in many aspects.
- use the installer to find sw modifications for your neo
- all source codes openly public allowing for customization all the way down to low level sytems.
- share your locations (Splinter)
- you can use splinter to save your location and even send it to friends via sms. how cool is that?!
- share your applications (installer)
- share your ideas with the world by adding packages to the Openmoko repository. It is a great database for all things openmoko and can easily be accessed by any user through the Intaller.
To ensure the quality of your Om 2008.8 update, we recommend the following images to flash to your Neo. For instructions on how to flash your device, please refer to Flashing the Neo FreeRunner.