m (Protected "OUI" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 21:28, 21 May 2012
Openmoko has been assigned the OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier) 00-1F-11. This page lists allocations we have made under this OUI.
MAC addresses are of the form xx-xx-xx-yy-yy-yy where xx-xx-xx is the OUI and yy-yy-yy is an identifier assigned by the owner of the OUI.
|First identifier||Last identifier||Date||Purpose|
|00-00-00||00-FF-FF||2008-02-27||Reserved for R&D use|
|01-00-00||01-27-FF||2008-02-27||Factory allocation for GTA02 MP start|
|01-28-00||01-55-FF||2008-07-07||Factory allocation for GTA02 production|
|01-56-00||01-79-FF||2008-08-21||Factory allocation for GTA02 production|
Open registry for community / homebrew OUI ranges
As the openmoko products have been discontinued, Openmoko Inc. is opening up the use of its IEEE OUI range for use by the Free and Open Source software and hardware communities. This means you can simply register your devices and will get an allocation of a OUI range for free.
By applying for an Openmoko OUI range, you acknowledge that either
- the USB device you are developing is either an open hardware project with at least publicly available schematics, or
- the firmware/software running on your Ethernet device is Free / Open Source software, licensed under an OSI-Approved, FSF-Recognized or DFSG-Approved Free / Open Source software license
In order to request an OUI range, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including
- a name and short description of your Ethenrnet enabled device project
- the license under which you are releasing the hardware and/or software/firmware of the device
- a link to the project website and/or source code repository, if any
- the number of Unique MAC addresses you require, with some explanation why (i.e. intended production quantity, ..)
More information is at the IEEE Standards Association.
IEEE OUI and Company_id Assignments