English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
Status: release 3.18 is ready
The main concept is the use of LXDE and Zhone which is embedded in the background and the whole is based on Debian/FSO as a subsystem. This distribution has the aim not only to be fully finger friendly, but also to give you a full featured desktop environment.
- completely fingerfriendly
- window based environment
- a new Zhone theme
- preinstalled applications (Fennec/Lynx, Pidgin, TangoGPS, Wifi-Radar, EpdfView, Mokomaze, CellHunter)
- it fits on the 256MB NAND flash
- download latest release
- flash the image and the kernel with NeoTool
- optional: make use of the latest patch
- AUX (short press) shows the keyboard
- Power (short press) suspends the Neo
- use the recommended Kernel
- make and use a swapfile on your µSD (warning: this may destroy the µSD card after uncertain time)
- save the TangoGPS map files on the µSD as there is little space left on the NAND
Please help in contributing Neovento changes back to Debian. It does not help the big picture to do just concentrate on images and scripts if the base work in Debian does not improve - the development in the long run suffers.
- Contribute packaging to pkg-fso team for any packages not yet in the repositories (already in Debian or Debian's PKG-FSO: Pidgin, mokomaze, tangogps, epdfview)
- Contribute changes to Debian or upstream repositories
- LXDE (eg. lxde-fso package with settings)
- Create for example "fso-neoventa" meta package for PKG-FSO repositories, installation of which equals to installing Neovento image
Note that especially contributing to Debian-FSO team's work is not that hard, and not all requirements of official Debian apply there.