This page is obsolete, neoqplayer has been renamed to Gorsh Player. Visit the author website for more informations : | GorshPlayer |
Current version : 0.3.1 ( 24 march 2009 )
NeoQplayer is written in Qt4 and tries to use as less as possible cpu, removing cpu hungry thinks. It has only been tested on Debian which provides needed packages (Qt4 dev libraries, phonon, ...) but thanks to Qt4 it can be ported easily to other distributions.
- Audio playing through gstreamer, xine, ... with phonon
- Playlist creation on the fly, show the current playlist
- Show the cover of the current album
NeoQplayer can be installed on Debian with provided scripts in the source archive which downloads dependencies, compiles the code and copies needed files to the right place.
Using cover functionality
You can show the cover of the current album, song, artist, ... For that you need to put a .cover.png file in the folder containing the played song ( There will be a utility to manage your songs and covers soon )
Ideas, Feature Requests
Here you can put your Feature-ideas.
- add an idea here
- (idea^^)motion-gesture features like shaking for a random song or swing right for next song
Or use the tracked ( better ) : http://projects.openmoko.org/tracker/?group_id=231
- add your feedback/comments here
- FIXED in svn : The gui is not as fast as it should be on the neo, it seems that this is a Xglamo issue as Xglamo use ~60-70% cpu on screen update