See FAQ for other Frequently Asked Questions.
- Phase 1: Production should happen late May Official Developer Launch date is unknown. Join the announce mailing list to be notified when it's available.
- There were two production runs scheduled, for May 10th and 20th, but these have been delayed.
- Phase 0 eligle developers are receiving their free P1 devices now (2007-05-09) mentioned in above annoucement (source: IRC).
- About OpenMoko: two-weeks feature freeze for the phase 1 at unknown date.
- Once openmoko.com goes online, there will be a possibility to pre-order the Neo1973. 
- Order the Neo1973 direct from openmoko.com for US$350 plus shipping. Sales and orders will be worldwide. We are specifically targeting open source community developers.
- There also will be shipping from EU. 
- At this time the phone will be a working touchscreen phone, but little more. It depends on you and the rest of the community to polish it into a fully usable device.
- FIC can make as many phones as developers can buy. There might be 6 week delay at most if estimate is wrong. 
- A few weeks after this, announcements will be made of the roadmap to future devices.
- Phase 1+: Details of this hardware refresh around June  (relevant slide visible here too) will be made available at the same time as the announcement of phase 1 availability.
- WiFi: Atheros AR6K (see also )
- The hardware will update with a faster CPU and "something else everyone has been asking for". (Said at 30:20 in the FOSDEM video.) Which is presumably
either a camera orwifi. (about CPU see also )
- There will be no changes in housing. 
- It will probably include an upgrade to 1GB on-board flash. 
- There will be discount for those that bought Phase 1 device. More info will be available before we start selling phase 1 phones.  
- No finalized schedule and specs as of 2007-04-25 
- May use the SMedia Glamo3362 GPU 
- It may use the s3c2440, if P1+ turns out to be the same as HXD8, as suggested by this kernel patch. However, this contradicts other information [what?], so it might just be an error.
- Phase 2: September, Mass Market Sale. 
- The 2nd generation OpenMoko device will be introduced at this time. We have something special in the works, but again, you will help shape this device.
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català