See FAQ for other Frequently Asked Questions.
- Phase 0: 36 developers have received their devices.
- Phase 1: Roughly at the end of the March  is the Official Developer Launch. Join the announce mailing list to be notified when it's available.
- Once openmoko.com goes online, there will be a possibility to pre-order the Neo1973.
- Order the Neo1973 direct from openmoko.com for US$350 plus shipping. Sales and orders will be worldwide. We are specifically targeting open source community developers.
- There also will be shipping from EU. 
- At this time the phone will be a working touchscreen phone, but little more. It depends on you and the rest of the community to polish it into a fully usable device.
- FIC can make as many phones as developers can buy. There might be 6 week delay at most if estimate is wrong. 
- A few weeks after this, announcements will be made of the roadmap to future devices.
- Phase 1+: Hardware refresh at June or later. (relevant slide visible here too)
- The hardware will update with a faster CPU and "something else everyone has been asking for". (Said at 30:20 in the FOSDEM video.) Which is presumably either a camera or wifi.
- The thing we can promise at this point is a faster CPU. We're still working on the WiFi stuff.
- There will be discount for those that bought Phase 1 device. More info will be available before we start selling phase 1 phones.  
- Phase 2: September 11, Mass Market Sale. 
- Online sales will continue.
- We will also be available in a retail stores and from selected carriers around the world.
- At this point, we hope your Mom and Dad will want to buy a Neo1973, too.
- The 2nd generation OpenMoko device will be introduced at this time. We have something special in the works, but again, you will help shape this device.