It would be usefull to access an offline version of wikipedia (since there are people who do not want to pay for mobile internet) on the OpenMoko Platform. Here is a little tweak I did with the Stylus Demo by Mickey. Please submit more feature ideas!
- show articles depending on location (GPS)
- list with
- recently viewed articles
- most viewed articles
- search articles "as you type"
- it will have no pictures - not enough room on any storage media
- tex forumlas could be generated with a local LaTeX install but such may be too big for the phone
- all wikipedia versions except the english one will fit on a 4GB SDCard (tested with the second largest wikipedia (german))
- all articles in one big file and one index file for title searches OR a lot of small gzipped files which get unzipped on the fly
- the gzipped/bzipped version will only take less then a gigabyte and this way even the english wikipedia should fit on a little microsd card
- can anyone confirm if SDHC cards are working with the neo? if not we are capped to 2GB
- new wikipedia versions can be obtained from here 
- option for varying the text size
- settings dialog
- set article location