Mokometeo is a small python/GTK application fetching the weather forecast from Yahoo weather pages
You need python-pygtk and glade to make it work.
OM and SHR
So to install it, you can do :
opkg install python-pygtk python-netclient python-html http://www.opkg.org/packages/0_mokometeo_0.2_arm.ipk
Also need dependancies (on SHR testing) :
opkg install python-netclient
- In the 0.2 version, there is a bug. To be able to use Mokometeo, please type theses commands before launching it:
mkdir /home/root/.mokometeo mkdir /home/root/.mokometeo/img cp /usr/share/mokometeo/question.png /home/root/.mokometeo/img/
- You will see a window appearing, with a 4 days forecast : Today, tomorrow (J+1), the day after (J+2) , etc.
- You can use the Next and Previous buttons to change the displayed city.
- If you have no internet connection, you will have to wait a little bit, and then the window will show "question marks" and "-" as min and max temperatures
- Next time you starup Mokometeo, the last fetched data will be displayed.
- By default, 2 cities are configured. You can change the cities and add more in the file
This file must contains at minimum 2 lines. The first line is
The second and next lines is the name of the city, and the url (tested with french yahoo weather urls), for example:
2009-03-13 - v0.2
- added some "print" in the code
- debug the .mokometeo folder ; put the config folder in /home/root/.mokometeo/ instead of /.mokometeo/
- test if the connection to internet is ok. If not, display question marks
- backup the data each time data is downloaded and displayed. This data is used on the next Mokometeo startup
- added the date and time when the data has been downloaded
2009-03-12 - v0.1
Future improvements / To do list
- debug the initial copy of /usr/share/mokometeo/question.png into /home/root/.mokometeo/img/
- improve the way the connection to Yahoo is handled
- test with different languages / locations