Mokometeo is a small python/GTK application fetching the weather forecast from Yahoo weather pages
You need python-pygtk and glade to make it work.
OM and SHR
So to install it, you can do :
opkg install glade http://www.opkg.org/packages/mokometeo_0.1_arm.ipk
- Before to run it, you must be connected to internet. If not, it will crash or do nothing (will improve this in a short future)
- Just click on the desktop icon called "Mokometeo" to load the software.
You will see a window appearing, with a 4 days forecast : Today, tomorrow (J+1), the day after (J+2) , etc.
You can use the Next and Previous buttons to change the displayed city.
- By default, 2 cities are configured. You can change the cities and add more in the file
This file must contains at minimum 2 lines. The first line is
The second and next lines is the name of the city, and the url (tested with french yahoo weather urls), for example:
2009-03-12 - v0.1
Future improvements / To do list
- need to test first if there is some network connection. Now it crashes if the freerunner is not connected
- record the last fetched information, and diplay it (with is date+time) if in deconnected mode
- improve the way the connection to Yahoo is handled, and do it the proper and safe way (any ideas ?)
- test with different languages / locations
- improve the quality of the uggly python code (I am a beginner, advice waited :D )