The MiniMoko is about building an extension for the MiniBook from Always Innovating.
This device is ARM based, and gets everything a phone would, except GSM connectivity and some other stuff. Always Innovating agreed with such a project and accepted to giv us a hand !
So this page will list all the documents we have and all the work to do.
- TI cortex-A8 with 3D and video acceleration
- 512MB (RAM) + 256MB (NAND) Memory
- Main storage: 8GB microSD card
- 480x320 3.5" capacitive touchscreen
- 30fps VGA front webcam
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth class 2.1
- Video output HDMI HD
- Two high-quality stereo speakers
- Internal microphone
- Headphone jack
- 3-dimensional accelerometer
- One 1500 mAh battery
- FCC, CE, UL-certified, 5V power adapter
- Bi-color silver/black case
- 64mm x 106mm x 9.3mm
- Secured attachment of the MID into a Touch Book Tablet
The main Idea of the MiniMoko, is to build a device, plugged through the 40pins connector (link to place here). This device should be the same size of the MiniBook, so it's like adding a "slice".
In this device, we will put an USB hub, some 3G hardware, and let some plugs available. One should be on the side of the device (Mini USB)
The connector contains everything usefull to start something easilly : usb OTG. I/Os ...
List of features and corresponding components.
- 3G (Voice + Data) : Huawei E169 (supports voice, small form factor) 
- GPS (aGPS ?)
- USB hub
- USB Charging+extra battery.
- Audio plug (Headset)
- Identifying hardware needed
- Drawing a concept of the board
- Drawing a concept of the box
- Make the model board