Efforts Toward Marketing the GTA04
In the circles I've been in, this is called "outreach." We're trying to get excited about a product here so I'll just go with the much more used term, "marketing."
I am not a marketing expert by any means. I only wish to throw ideas out there and implement what I have time for. If there are any marketing experts, heck, if you're even just interested) please help out! Please post more places where we can send a press release or start a discussion. Anyone can do this. When starting the discussion or writing a press release, the only experience you really need is the ability to write in your native language. I'm only familiar with English sources but anything will work.
Discussion points / significant features
- The GTA04 *requires* an FR / NEO1974.
This should serve as a request to get people who have these collecting dust, selling them online. Maybe this should be made more explicit?
- The GTA04 has vastly improved on every area of the FR.
Assure no bugs to receiving calls, GPU bottlenecks solved etc...
- The GTA04 is made in a proper factory in the EU, and of quality parts, in small runs - hence the price tag.
This will appeal to those of us who want things done right, not cheap.
- Though there are non-free chunks, harm has been reduced as much as possible.
Talking about how the wifi firmware has been isolated so it cannot interfere with the O/S is a great example.
Areas to Spread the Word
Submit a press release or however else the site get's news.
Articles Already Published
Places to send Press Release / Request for an Article / Pre-Written Articles
- Ars Technica
- Life Hacker
- Make Magazine
- Phoronix ask for expansion on GTA04 form 
- 2600 Magazine They take fully written articles by readers. Someone with a hardcopy please post submission guidelines and address.
- Lwn How has there been nothing since July?! 
This area cannot be done with a press release blast. Well it can, but I don't think the subscribers will appreciate spam. Ideally each of us can write a post about the GTA04 on any other FOSS lists we are on.
- Debian User List
- User, Arm-netbooks
- LXDE list <email@example.com>
- Lubuntu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Plasma Active
- Gnome Shell <email@example.com>