The OpenMoko project is a community that anyone can join, to help design their ideal phone.
The long term goal is that phone software won't be tied to any particular phone. You can install any OpenMoko software over the whole range of phones, and if you upgrade your phone, you don't lose the software. Bugs fixed on one phone are fixed on all. To show that OpenMoko the phone stack is not tied to the Neo1973 phone hardware, here is a report from somebody who seems to have OpenMoko up and limping on the Palm Treo650!
Currently it is not suitable for users. The state of the software at the moment is pre-alpha. If you order a Neo1973, DO NOT expect to be able to use it as an everyday phone for several months.
The Neo1973 from FIC is the first of many phones that OpenMoko will run on; indeed, some people erroneously use the terms Neo1973 and OpenMoko as interchangeable. If you are willing to have the alpha test experience, you can order Neo1973 hardware now from the Openmoko Online Shop. You may wish to see the Shipment 1 FAQ.
Please join us in collaborating on the OpenMoko project through any of the مصادر المشروع including this OpenMoko wiki. Please see the wiki editing help page for information on making contributions to this wiki. A core team of developers funded by FIC, Inc. leads the project.
An introduction page is available, with photos and مرئيات. Moreover, the usual Frequently Asked Questions, FAQ, page might be helpful. Developers may find the daily software change log an important resource.
OpenMoko Areas of Interest
- Basic End-user - Information for end users that want basic functionality and no surprises
- Advanced End-user - Information for advanced end-users that want advanced and experimental functionality but who are not programmers
- Project Resources page provides a centralized location of all resources such as mailing lists, أدوات الاتصال, and other software development oriented resources.
- مطور التطبيق - Information for application developers, including ideas and specifications for applications, and tools to build them
- مطور النظام - Information for system developers, including bootloader, kernel, and libraries
- Hardware Developer - Information for hardware developers, including hardware specs and debug board
- أحداث الجالية - Information on both past and future events where FIC or OpenMoko had or will have a presence.
- Getting Started with your Neo1973
- Building OpenMoko using the MokoMakefile
- Building OpenMoko from scratch
- Migration to bad block tolerant builds
- Running OpenMoko on PC
- Booting from SD
Hardware Reference Documentation
- All Hardware related documentation and specifications are found on the Hardware page.
- The Neo1973 Hardware page provides an overview of the hardware components used by the Neo1973 hardware platform. PCB Photographs are also included. A photo disassemble story may be an interesting starting place.
- Neo1973 Hardware Debugging is assisted with the Neo1973 debug board. A page discussing debug board and Neo1973 configurations are also provided.
Software Reference Documentation
- OpenMokoFramework - The OpenMoko Application Framework
- neo1973 host software
- Device Software
- OpenEmbedded - The distribution-building framework
- Toolchain - The toolchain we use for compilation
- أوبن موكو - توزيع أوبن موكو
User Interface Related
Misc. Development Related
- Freshman todo
- PIM Storage
- Coding Guidelines
- How to setup the OpenMoko SDK
- License - How we license our code
- Development resources - Describes resources for developers (lists, svn, ...)
- Neo1973 Phase 0 -- Information for Phase 0 device owners
- Wishlist:Neo1973 P0 Review -- Impressions of the Phase 0 hardware device, also the Phase 0 FAQ
- Neo1973 Phase 1 -- Information for Phase 1 device owners
- Wishlist:Neo1973 P1 Review -- Impressions of the Phase 1 hardware device
- External Feeds -- List of feeds from people blogging about OpenMoko
Administrative / Organizational
- Shipping Notes - Information to help FIC figure out how to ship products to you, and how much it might cost.
- My Account - Ideas for what sort of account-based services FIC should provide with the phone.
- WiFi support in OpenMoko
- Neo1973 and Windows - If you want to commit that offence ;) (does not work, help!)
- Press Coverage - What the press says about the OpenMoko project
- mFAQ - The OpenMoko Misinformation FAQ (mFAQ) - What the press incorrectly says about the OpenMoko project
- Wish List - A collection of ideas and ideals we'd like to see implemented some day
- Wish List - Hardware - A collection of ideas we'd like to see in the next Neo release
- Wish List - Built-in Scripting Language - Discussion on a suitable scripting language to be included
- Media Content - What types of media on the device can we use (that is non-software)?
- Testimonials - How did you get to OpenMoko?
- Buying Interest List - (Not official and not a pre-order page) Have you have put money aside for Neo1973? Put your nick here.
- iPhone - Comparison between Apple iPhone and FIC Neo1973
- ترجمة - ترجمة أوبن موكو
- Summer of code - Our page with project applications for Googles Summer of Code
- SWAG - Where to purchase openmoko swag (T-Shirts!)
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català