|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 17:35, 11 December 2008
Liquid War is a truly original multiplayer wargame. You have to control an army formed with thousands of pixels which look like liquid, and try and eat your opponent. Single as well as multiplayer modes are also possible.
| NOTE: If you have the 0.1 version of both game and library installed on your phone, please remove it first:
opkg remove allegro-4.2.2
opkg remove liquidwar-5.6.4
The game requires the Allegro library to run, so you have to download and install it first. After this is done, download and install the game package itself.
wget http://mojo.org.ua/moka/allegro_4.2.2-1_armv4t.ipk wget http://mojo.org.ua/moka/liquidwar_5.6.4-2_armv4t.ipk
opkg install allegro_4.2.2-1_armv4t.ipk opkg install liquidwar_5.6.4-2_armv4t.ipk
Now, if you've done everything right, the game icon should appear on your Neo desktop.
To find out what is this game about and how to play it, please see the documentation at the original game homepage. Openmoko-specific changes are the following:
- There are two video-modes currently supported: 480x640 (default - for portrait mode), and 640x480 (landscape). Currently, the game itself will not try to rotate the screen, so if you want to play in the lanscape mode, yo have to use xrandr or similar software to set your preferred screen orientation. The game and menu video-modes are controlled from Main menu/Options/Graphics configuration dialog.
- Mouse is the default control device for a human player. You set the cursor movement vector by moving your stylus/finger in the direction you want cursor to move.
- Minor graphics display adjustments.
- More to come in the next versions... If you have any good ideas on making the game better, just drop me a note.
- Right after installation the Liquid War icon appears to be blank. Restarting window manager solves the problem. Is something wrong with the package?
- Sometimes when video mode is changed from the Graphics dialog, the program window is not closed automatically when the process is terminated.
- If you set different video-modes for the menu and game display, Liquid War may freeze when starting to play. When you switch to the different window and back, everything continues normally. Both this and previous problem seem to have the same origin.
Liquid War rules have been invented by Thomas Colcombet. The latest versions vere programmed by Christian Mauduit. More detailed information about authors of the original version can be found here. The Openmoko port is being developed by [yuretzHatesSpam@SpamHatesgmail.com Yury Korolyov]. If you have good ideas, suggestions or just want to report a problem regarding Openmoko version of Liquid war, feel free to remove all spam hatred from the address above, and mail me.