|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 05:02, 5 August 2008
lint-wifi is a relatively simplistic application written in PyGTK for the Neo Freerunner. It aims to create a GUI-based method for associating with wireless networks, and provide various bits of connection-related information and control. It is designed to work without a stylus, except when entering passwords (which are normally stored). It is at the moment intended to do nothing unless a button is pushed.
It will be released soon.
There's also an unofficial [git repo].
There are several requirements needed to run lint-wifi:
- A valid wpa_supplicant.conf in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
lint-wifi is broken into pages, each page offering various bits of information or control. Below are the pages, as they exist at version .1A
AP List will show APs that can currently be seen. They will initially be ordered by how wpa_supplicant feels are best. Columns include:
- Enc -- Consisting of "WPA", "WEP" and "off"
- S -- indicating State or Status:
- C: Connected
- K: Known/configured (eg, password is stored) and enabled
- D: Known/configured and disabled
- -: Unknown
- Mode -- At present is unused, will indicate Managed/Infrastructure vs Ad-Hoc
- Edit -- Edits the settings of APs configured or visible
The Status page will primarily indicate the configured status of eth0.
The Renew DHCP button can be used to nudge udhcpc into renewing. An "Enable All APs" button enables all that APs set to disabled.
The Conn page shows information related to the associated AP.
Config is at present empty, but will contain various lint-wifi configuration options, such as support for hiding certain columns in the AP List.
A couple other screenshots: (outdated)