Packages for development
The knjRepository includes the following interesting packages:
- php526 - PHP 5.2.6 CLI support, which enables you to write CLI-scripts for your OpenMoko. It also includes PDO (SQLite3) support.
- php526-gtk2 - PHP-GTK enables you to write GTK-applications in PHP.
- ruby1.8 - Enables you to use Ruby scripts on your OpenMoko.
- libgtk2-ruby1.8 - Enables Ruby to use Gtk.
- libsqlite3-ruby1.8 - Enables you to use SQLite3-databases in Ruby.
- libglade2-ruby1.8 - Enables you to use Glade with Gtk-applications in Ruby.
- ruby1.8-icalendar - A Ruby-lib for parsing iCal-files.
- ruby1.8-googlecalendar - A Ruby-lib for working with a Google Calendar.
(and a lot of other Ruby-extensions like SOAP and WSDL)
A list of all the packages can be found here.
- KnjMokoWifi - An application for configuring the wireless interface in the OpenMoko-phone. It works with WPA, WEP and no-encryption. It supports profiles, so you dont have to remember passwords for each wireless accesspoint you come across. It is written in PHP-GTK. Furthermore it can disable the routing-gateway on the USB-networking-interface, making the default gateway wifi. It can also start a DHCP-request getting an IP and so on for the wireless interface.
- KnjMokoOPKG - A grapihcal frontend for OPKG.
- knjMokoCalendar - An application for viewing your Google Calendar on your OpenMoko phone written in Ruby. This application is still kind of unstable, since there isnt implemented any error handeling.
- knjMokoSettings - An application which makes you able to do various administrative tasks on your phone like restarting the X-server, rebooting the phone, turning off/on the Wifi and more by using a graphical interface.
How to use
You can configure your phone to use the repository by doing the following:
wget http://downloads.kaspernj.org/openmoko/repository/knjrepository.conf -O /etc/opkg/knjrepository.conf opkg update
(ignore the signature errors)
Then if you want to install PHP-GTK, you can do this:
opkg install php526 php526-gtk2
Or if you want Ruby with Gtk-support:
opkg install ruby1.8 libgtk2-ruby1.8 libglade2-ruby1.8 libsqlite3-ruby
The repository has been set up and is maintained by Kasper Johansen.
The PHP-packages has been packaged by Derick Rethans.
The Ruby-packages has been packaged by Kero van Gelder.