Improving user experience
Like Wolfgang said in http://n2.nabble.com/Weekly-Engineering-News-41-2008-td1336450.html , Openmoko assembled a team to focus on improving the user experience. The focus and coverage of this group is:
- We improve the current stack instead of creating new features.
- Prefer stuffs which could be brought over to gta03 instead of gta02/om2008 specific.
- Won't work on om2007 stack. Won't do hardware.
- May cooperate with Paroli, FSO or system team but we're not them.
- Will work on Qtopia but with lower priority.
Here is the current draft and it will be updated frequently.
- call quality +1
- echo (in testing #1267)
- volume (alsa-state?)
- Reduce boot time
- Optimize the touch screen driver on freerunner for finger usage.
- A generic python loader to enhance the start up time of python scripts.
- program startup speed
- response time
- scripts: resolv.conf, etc.
- Reliably make and receive phone calls and SMS messages
- resume reliably
- take a screenshot before suspend. display it on screen first thing on resume.
- do not suspend when usb connected, qtopia indexing, etc.
- change the button order of "end call" or "ans call"
- put speaker button on the dialer app
- devices (command line improvement first)
- wifi userspace
- opkg: faster algorithm