Import Vcf Contacts
If you want to import your old Contacts to your Neo you could use this simple script:
Al Johnson posted an extension to this script to handle vcf files wihl multiple contacts. It should work as before if there's just one contact per file. Here's the modified bit:
for name in names: print name vcard = "" f=open(name,'r') for line in f: vcard = vcard + line if line[:9] == "END:VCARD": getAddressBook().addContact(vcard) vcard = ""
This Script is for the 2007.2 Version (default install on Neo FreeRunner) not for Qtopia
You need python to use this script do a
opkg install python-dbus
to install python and the python dbus module
Next step is to export your old contacts as vcf. I know its possible with Nokia phones and i used a Winmobile->activesync->Outlook export plugin to get my Contacts from my old Cell.
The script does a listdir and imports ALL files it found in that dir. (i'm a bad python programmer)
so this is what i have done.
- copied all vcf files to a separate directory on my freerunner
- copied the ac script to the parent directory also on my freerunner
- go to the terminal on the freerunner and "typed" in the vcf directory: "python ../ac" (root@om-gta02:~/vcf# python ../ac)
- done :D
- make sure you have python and python-dbus installed
- make sure you have no illegal chars (utf) in the filename and inside the vcf files. (I had problems with Ü,Ä etc)
- only vcf files should be in you current directory so do a ../ac.
- You must call the script in the OM terminal not via Bluetooth or USB. If you do so a dbus error occur
Thanks to Import_Sim_Contacts for the original Python Script.