Alternate case for the Neo1973, with
rear-mounted camera module.
A flexible phone is desired that meets most users needs. Camera module should be easily installed or removed (and left in the car) for people that are unable to take cameras into work.
cs mount camera
- allows use of any standard cs mount (or other lenses with adapters) for superior optical focus & zoom
- cs mount is used because it can be converted to use c mount lenses with a 5mm extension tube
- surface of focal plane array is 12.52mm below top of surface (requiring less room than c mount or many other standard lenses)
- module faces can be exchanged to allow operation in either camera or video-conferencing mode
- lens can easily be unscrewed, converting the image sensor into a useless memory, and replaced with a c/cs mount cap. -- This could disable camera & allow people to bring the phone into work (or you could just remove the entire module)
cs mount camera (also works with c mount lenses)
cs mount camera
Neo1973 Art of Illusion 3D Model - Not fully accurate, just an artistic concept.
- 1 Camera with about 2MP or more for making pictures
- 1 Camera for video conferences. OV7610 or OV7110 has an highspeed I²C Interface and would be good for easy connecting to the ARM processor.
cs mount camera
- Aluminum top front of case cover could allow 1" x 32tpi lens mount hole (3.8mm threaded down from surface) made directly into cover.
Camera module with protection
At least 2 Mpx.
Leave your nickname here if you are interested in having one made. This is not an order form, but is intended to gauge interest before effort is expended designing the case.
- Thomas Mathiesen
- wvrn -- A camera is the only thing I am waiting on to buy this phone
- Humberto Massa
- solid -- A camera is the only thing I am waiting on to buy this phone
- Thomasgruebler -- 3MP would be cool
- Tommiku -- A camera is the only thing I am waiting on to buy this phone
- ShakataGaNai — it would be nice option to have
- Bugmenot -- The finishing touch to make it the perfect phone :)
- rydell -- Definitely the only missing feature! (And a near-critical one)
- bob127 -- 3MP would be really nice, I'm also a developer for a phone-related company, I could recommend this phone if it has a camera.
- Z -- Our company would like to develop applications for this phone, the only thing that's stopping us is the lack of a camera
- dyous87 --A camera would make this the perfect phone for me and I would surely buy it.
- Massi -- 3MP would be cool
- jcdemay -- a missing feature, don't care if it's not a great one, just need one ;)
- pokazene_maslo -- with flashlight
- Jackcday -- I think it needs a camera, would be great if it could have a very high MPX camera with good software so you could use it as a proper camera.
- flexd -- This would be excellent for a idea of mine, camera + gps + wifi/gprs/3g/edge fun! :)
- Duker Would be awesome, especially if the camera (lens component) were removable for those pf us who can't have cameras at work (or court)
- Merire I really want this phone, but I'm not gonna buy one if I can't get a cam.
- massoo -- A Camera integrated is really cool which will enable to have unified personal gizmo.
- calavicci Like others, a camera is all I need to buy the phone.
- methril It's an usefull extra feature.