Revision as of 19:03, 25 January 2008 by Mario.
|Hardware wishes warning! This article or section documents a Hardware Wish List item, the features described here may or may not be implemented in future devices.|
- Here is a proposal for an integral thumb keyboard. It is based on the concepts proposed in this document "A METHOD FOR OPTIMIZING SINGLE-FINGER KEYBOARDS"
Some important notes about this design:
- Green button on top, left is dial. Red button on top, right is hang up. Could double as enter/escape.
- Blue buttons are shift, symbol, backspace and localization.
- Localization button modifies the basic Latin symbols to produce the variants used in many European (and non European such as Turkish) languages.
- Yellow buttons make the numeric pad.
- Provides a full keyboard, yet the device is significantly smaller than any other comparable.
- The design above uses a 2.6" screen, which is the minimum size for VGA.
- Keys are bigger than, for example, those of a Treo.
- Much similar (identical?) to some Blackberry devices
- Allows for one handed operation. Absolutely necessary for a phone.