GPS(Global Positioning System)
PMB 2520 Hammerhead
The PMB 2520 Hammerhead is a IC sulution for GPS that producted by the Infineon Technologies. It allows the usage of assistance data by surpporting A-GPS standards.
Modules of the Hammerhead
The Hammerhead consists of the following modules:
- RF front-end with on-chip, high gain and low noise, LNA, I/Q mixers, on-chip polyphase complex IF filter, digitally controlled AGC, and 3-bits ADC for the I and Q paths.
- Sigma-Delta RF PLL with on-chip PCO and on-chip loop filter.
- Embedded PLL and NCO for baseband clock generation.
- Multiple channels digital mixers and parallel correlator engines to enable real time correlation of the PRN code for up to 14 satellites.
- Post processor including peak detection logic
- SRAM for storing correlation results