Revision as of 22:39, 22 July 2008 by Kempelen
This Page is for collection special vocabulary/abbreviations used inside our project Openmoko.
- Assisted GPS - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGPS
- A ball grid array (BGA) is a type of surface-mount packaging used for integrated circuits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGA
- FINE ball grid array - see (BGA)
- Field Programmable Gate Array (not used in v1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPGA
- General Packet Radio Service - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Packet_Radio_Service
- Global Positioning System - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gps
- Internal codename of the first phone hardware release, the Neo 1973
- Internal codename of the second phone hardware release, the Neo FreeRunner
- Mobile Switching Centre. A major componenent of the GSM Network.
- Acronym for Public Land Mobile Network what your mobile phone almost certainly connects to.