English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
Gentoo on Openmoko phones
Gentoo project on Openmoko phones has its own homepage: http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/
We have a portage overlay and some Openmoko packages like Xglamo, Illume or Zhone already have their ebuilds and many more will follow !
Ways to work with Gentoo
Currently, there are 2 ways how to install gentoo, both having advantages and disadvantages:
- Cross compile approach, where you use another machine to compile your whole phone system.
- Native compilation approach, where you work with Gentoo on phone as with a normal system fully capable of installing its own packages.
Many thanks go to 'torindel' who apparently started the effort and made a stage tarball we are using even today for the native approach and to Tuxxx who contributed strongly to the cross compilation efforts on gentoo for openmoko phones.
- Read instructions on our homepage
- Visit our overlay page overlay page
- Come chat with us on the Freenode channel #gentoo-openmoko and share your problems and solutions !
If you wish to get (or provide) volunteer support for Gentoo on openmoko phones, please try one of the following.
#gentoo-openmoko on Freenode
Send an e-mail with the subject 'Subscribe' to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit bug reports on the project Trac page.