|Line 11:||Line 11:|
== GTA04A4 ==
== GTA04A4 ==
GTA04A4 is a new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo Freerunner ([[GTA02]]). It reuses the case, the battery
GTA04A4 is a new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo Freerunner ([[GTA02]]). It reuses the case, the batterythe display.
The GTA04A4 motherboard PCB layout development is based on GTA04A3 and its start was announced at
The GTA04A4 motherboard PCB layout development is based on GTA04A3 and its start was announced at [http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-October/000385.html ]
The [http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04 ].
On [http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-November/000679.html ] )
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 20:06, 20 December 2011
- There is a new mailing list dedicated to the early adopters of this project: http://lists.goldelico.com/mailman/listinfo/gta04-owner
- general discussions should be continued on the Openmoko Community lists: http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community
The codename GTA04 was picked up in 2010 by Golden Delicious Computers to develop a new motherboard for our open smartphone that follows the original idea and goals.
There is a new project page: http://www.gta04.org, which houses the wiki specific to the GTA04 project at Golden Delicious.
The GTA04A4 motherboard PCB layout development is based on GTA04A3 and its start was announced at 7 October 2011.
The replacement, populated GTA04, motherboard is available at Golden Delicious.
On 14th November 2011 GTA04A4 boards became available for (pre)order.
Year 2011: GTA04A3 (Early Adopter)
The GTA04A3 was released and shipped 10. october 2011.
The GTA04A3 milestone was announced 7. october 2011.(source)
GTA04A3 is a new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo Freerunner (GTA02). It reuses the case, the battery and the display.
- GTA04A3 in a homemade box with Qtmoko installed
- GTA04-Tester Quote: "...This video shows the first 3 fresh GTA04A3 boards and how they are tested..."
The early adopter program was available here.
GTA04A3 features (source):
- TI OMAP 3730 DCBB (800 MHz) (compatible to )
- integrated graphics - POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator of OMAP3730
- 512MB RAM/512MB NAND (Micron 8Gb DDR/NAND PoP Memory)
- Wi2Wi WLAN/Bluetooth module + antenna
- GTM601W UMTS module
- GPS module + antenna switch
- LSM303 (compass and accelerometer)
- ITG3200 (gyroscope)
- BMP085 (barometric altimeter)
- BMA180 (LIS302 on a few) (accelerometer)
- Si4721 or Si4705 (FM transceiver/receiver)
Year 2010: GTA04A2
The GTA04A2 was the result of integrating GTA04A1/Openmoko Beagle Hybrid all onto a single PCB.
GTA04A2 was presented at FOSDEM 2011.
- booting GTA04A2.
- Boot Speed Comparison Quote: "...This video shows a comparison of a Openmoko GTA02 (with OM2009.05), a GTA04 board with Debian Squeeze/LXDE and a iPhone 3G..."
Year 2010: Openmoko Beagle Hybrid GTA04A1 (Golden Delicious Computers)
Golden Delicious Computers has been secretly working on a OMAP3530 based project that apparently has the same target as Openmoko's GTA04 did have. The first result was announced in 2010 Openmoko Beagle Hybrid aka GTA04A1.
Year 2008: Openmoko Inc. GTA04
GTA04 was the codename of a phone that was whose development was canceled (within Openmoko, Inc.). For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. This phone would have been based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The GTA04 would have been a GTA03 but with a major hardware revision
- USB 2.0 would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- 3G would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- Based on a more advanced SoC
- maybe based on the samsung 6400 or 6410
- integrated graphics
- Sean put a hiring on the community and devel list, see here so there will be OpenGL Es and the 6410 eventually
- there had been meetings in April 2008 within Openmoko - see