GTA03 is the codename of a phone that is going to be developped by Openmoko. For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. The GTA03 will be based on the same system-on-a-chip as the Neo FreeRunner (GTA02). It will presumably differ from it by having a 3.5 mm TRS audio connector (instead of a 2.5 mm connector), EDGE and a camera. GTA03 will not include support for 3G networks.
|Speculations: This article or section documents a device that is not yet confirmed formally and the device (if even released) may differ from the specifications given here. This page is based on well educated guesses, not facts.|
The GTA03 will be a GTA02 but with a major hardware revision
- New case design.
- 3.5mm headset
- New GSM chip (2.75/EDGE)
- Different Battery
- Based on the same SoC
- GPS: u-blox ANTARIS 5 instead of ANTARIS 4
- the (compromised) Glamo chip
- AUG.11.2008: the 25 first GTA03EVB arrived in office
- Aug.12.2008: U-boot ported to GTA03EVB (Matt)
- Aug.12.2008: The core can run at 533 MHz with 133MHz SDRAM
- Aug.12.2008: GTA03EVB Hardware Verification of the u-blox 5 Antaris
- Aug.12.2008: GPS performance tested
ps: EVB stands for Evaluation Board