GTA02 bass fix

From Openmoko

Revision as of 22:29, 24 January 2009 by PaulFertser (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Here I'll try to describe my take on rework that should radically improve the ability to use FreeRunner as a portable music player.

A known issue is that output decoupling capacitors are too small, only 1uF (4.7uF in v7). One of the possible fixes is to add some decent 100uF C in parallel.

I used two 100uF 10V tantalum caps. They should be connected in parallel to C4110 and C4111. Make sure you connect the plus terminal (marked with a thick line) to the side that goes to U4101.

Can opened.jpg

Personal tools

Here I'll try to describe my take on rework that should radically improve the ability to use FreeRunner as a portable music player.

A known issue is that output decoupling capacitors are too small, only 1uF (4.7uF in v7). One of the possible fixes is to add some decent 100uF C in parallel.

I used two 100uF 10V tantalum caps. They should be connected in parallel to C4110 and C4111. Make sure you connect the plus terminal (marked with a thick line) to the side that goes to U4101.

Can opened.jpg