GSM network registration
We'd like to know the real network registration status by our NEO devices in the world. Please provide some information about your NEO status! The question list as below:
1. What NEO device you are using? GTA01 or GTA02
2. Where is your location and what is your network provider? eg. T-Mobile, San Francisco in USA
3. When you boot the NEO, how long it takes to register the network? eg. in normal case, it should be able to register to a network in 1~2 minutes immediately.
4. What is your GSM firmware version? you can get this number by an AT command. Using SSH to your NEO, then type this command: How to use SSH How to use libgsmd-tool root@fic-gta02:~# libgsmd-tool -m atcmd
AT+CGMR STR=`AT+CGMR' RSTR=`+CGMR: "HW: GTA02BV5, GSM: gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal35_ri_36_amd8_ts0-Moko6"'
5. What is your IMEI code? by this AT command like previous steps.
AT+CGSN STR=`AT+CGSN' RSTR=`+CGSN: 000000000000000'
6. if NEO takes over 3 minutes to register to the network or it just re-register to the network again and again. Please attach your gsm log file ('/tmp/gsm.log') to our bugzilla, we already created a bug for this issue.
|Owner||Location||Network Provider||How/When purchased SIM card||Device||GSM firmware||IMEI||Status||GSM log|
|User:MichaelShiloh||San Francisco, CA, USA||T-Mobile||with phone, > 2years||GTA01||Moko6||YES||just fine||no|
|User:MichaelShiloh||San Francisco, CA, USA||AT&T||with phone, ~6 months||GTA01||Moko6||YES||takes several minutes to register, home network rejects, CME error 32, reregisters continuously||no|
|User:MichaelShiloh||San Francisco, CA, USA||AT&T||prepaid, no phone, 3/13/08||GTA01||Moko6||YES||just fine in some locations, but in others it takes several minutes to register and reregisters continuously. however, always better than card that came with phone||no|
|User:SpeedEvil||Fife, Scotland, UK||T-Mobile||GTA01||Moko1||YES||Just fine||no|
|Erin Yueh||Taipei, Taiwan||TW mobile||GTA02BV5||Moko6||NO||Normal, can register to the network immediately||no|
|Marcus Bauer||Nice, France||Orange||GTA01Bv4||Moko4||YES||Registers immediately and stays registered for ~10 minutes before the re-registering loop starts once per minute||log|
|Henrik Pihl||Kuressaare, Estonia||Elisa||GTA01Bv4||Moko4||YES||Normal, can register to the network immediately, but starts reconnecting to the network in the first minutes.||log|
|Marcin 'Hrw' Juszkiewicz||Poznań, Poland||Era (Heyah)||prepaid, bought in October 2007, never charged, expired||GTA01Bv4||phase0 phone (red PCB) with old GSM firmware||YES||Card expired, home network rejects it with CME Error 32 (emergency calls only), system displays "Registering..." for several minutes.||NO|
|Marcin 'Hrw' Juszkiewicz||Poznań, Poland||PlusGSM||prepaid, several years old, not charged||GTA01Bv4||phase0 phone (red PCB) with old GSM firmware||YES||Registered after entering PIN. Normal work after register.||NO|
|Peter Rasmussen||Copenhagen Denmark||DK Sonofon||GTA01Bv4||Moko1||YES||Registered immediatly after entering PIN. Works after that. No /tmp/gsm.log appears||NO|
|Kevin Dean||Washington DC Metro Area, USA||T-Mobile||GTA01Bv4||Moko1||YES||Normal, can register to the network immediately, no PIN needed||Log (Replaced my wife's # with 9991231122)|
|Dennis Wollersheim||Melbourne, Australia||Telstra||GTA01Bv4||Moko4||Yes||Registers quickly, reregisters every 30 seconds or so||gsm log|
|Thomas Gstädtner||Nuremberg, Germany||T-Mobile (Ericsson RBS2206, GSM900)||2004||GTA01Bv4||Moko 1||Yes||Registers nearby immediately, w/ PIN or w/o||NO|