GSM Firmware Revisions
Revision as of 19:41, 18 July 2009 by Glenn
Devices in the field
- GTA01Bv3 (made in taiwan) shipped to phase-0 : no revision
- GTA01Bv4 (made in taiwan) shipped to phase-0 : no revision
- GTA01Bv4 (made in suzhou) first batch of 850 units : Moko1
- GTA01BV4 (made in suzhou) next batch of 3000 units : Moko4
- GTA02A1 (made in taiwan) first prototype run : Moko4
- GTA02A2 (made in taiwan) next prototype run : Moko4
- GTA02A3 (made in taiwan) 3rd prototype run : Moko4
- GTA02A4 (made in taiwan) 4th prototype run : Moko5
- GTA02A5 (made in taiwan) 5th prototype run : Moko5
- GTA02A5 (made in suzhou) PVT run: Moko7
- GTA02A5 (made in suzhou) MP devices: Moko8
- GTA02A6 (made in suzhou) MP devices: Moko8 (might change to MOKO10)
|NOTE: TI revision number had never been released from TI, what we only have is released date. You can get complete firmware revision through AT+CGMR|
- The code base is n7_19 released from TI at 04/19/2007
- Support the AT Command AT@ST to control the sidetone level
- Support the AT Command AT@AUL to load the audio table
- Generate wakeup interrupt to s3c2410
- Support the AT Command AT@POFF to power off GSM modem
- Support these AT Commands, AT+CGSN,AT+CGMM,AT+CGMR,AT+CGMI
- Based on Moko1
- Remove the TI's implementation of wakeup interrupt.When GSM modem get an incoming call, it will pullup the pin TPU_IDLE to generate an interrupt, since we have implement the wakeup function ourselves, just remove it.
- Based on Moko2 and modified libs release from TI at 06/22/2007
- Support deep sleep(power saving issue)
- known issues:
- We need to power off GSM modem from Application processor through external interrupt, hence we need to implement an isr within GSM modem to do that.
- For current gsmd, it doesn't support wake-up function. Hence,when modem falls into deep-sleep, gsmd will be blocked because it couldn't receieve respond from modem.
- Based on Moko3
- Fix Bug 212, setting AT@ST is broken
- Based on Moko4
- Fix Bug 666, AT&T 3G fireball USIM
- Specific information of +CGMM, +CGMR, +CGMI are stored in GSM filesystem, not hard-coded anymore.
- All specific info can be download from https://people.internal.openmoko.org/sean_chiang/gsm/firmware/info/
- ti_tat(M$ compatible), which used to read/write GSM internal filesystem can be found at https://people.internal.openmoko.org/sean_chiang/gsm/sw/
- Pass the PTCRB certification
- Support [850/900]/1800/1900
- Support SMS memory full alert event
- Support the at command AT@RST to reset GSM modem
- Based on Moko5
- Specific information is hard-coded, that means, there'll have different moko6 for different hw version.
- Because the hw problem cause the ti_tat unstable, we roll back to hard-coded scheme.
- We don't need rfcap anymore, it'll be written into GSM filesystem automatically when modem power on.
- Based on Moko6
- Support [.. NDA edited (jOERG) ..]
- Based on Moko7
- Support AT@BAND to get current band, 900, 1800, 850 or 1900.
- TI updated the l2r.lib for SIM Card Write Endurance issue.
- T-mobile re-camping problem : 4 Neo but only one has this problem, close this issue.
- AT&T re-camping problem remains open. See #1024
- Should be same as Moko8 , but built from scratch by Dieter email@example.com
- updated TI libs, fix #666 (unconfirmed, but likely)
- Does not fix #1024
- Public as in http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing
- Adds "AT+CSIM" (for swisscom)
- MOKO9 with version string changed to not longer show hw-revision of device.
- GPIO 1 is no longer set erroneously to high after reset
- Hardware assisted CTS handshake is enabled to avoid sending characters
from TX fifo after CTS goes high
changed version-string (remove "beta")