FreeRunner/Buttons and LEDs
This is the Software specification for the Openmoko Neo FreeRunner Button and LEDs. Note that this is a future specification which is not yet implemented in the software
- AUX = Button on the left side of the device, upper area
- POWER = Button on the right side of the device, center area (right below the USB socket)
- EVENT = Red LED behind the AUX Button
- HEARTBEAT = Orange LED behind the Power Button
- WIRELESS = Blue LED behind the Power Button
- OFF = Device has no power or has been shutdown
- ON = Device is fully powered
- LOCKED = Device is fully powered, but has screen lock displayed
- SUSPENDED = Device has been suspended to low-power mode
Basic Button Usage
This is grouped by mode:
- To switch the device on: Press and hold POWER until the boot logo appears.
- To enter the "normal" (NAND) boot menu: Press and hold POWER, one second later press and hold AUX.
- To enter the "rescue" (NOR) boot menu: Press and hold AUX, then press and hold POWER.
- To suspend the device: Press POWER.
- To shut down the device: Press and hold POWER for 4 seconds. If the device hangs, press and hold POWER for 8 seconds. If it still hangs, remove the battery.
- To go to the home screen: Press AUX.
- To display the profile screen: Press and hold AUX until it appears.
- To wakeup the device: Press POWER.
Basic LED Usage
Advanced Button/LED Usage