FDOM - a Fat and Dirty OM based distribution
A combination of apps and fixes to demo the capabilities of the Freerunner and to have a functional phone (sort of). This all while retaining the ability to update through the official feeds.
Any questions can be sent to dsamblas at gmail dot com
or at community list or local-openmoko-spain list
See mailing lists
David-Reyes Samblas Martinez
Co Admins Armin ranjbar aka zoup Nacho Seijo aka himero
Download from http://compartida.net/openmoko/FDOM .
- Note: Use wget -c to retrieve the files, because the server seems to cut the connection time to time. Do check the md5 hashes of the files after downloading to prevent any problems. or try one of the mirrors
- tdobson.net Mirror admin contact: www.tdobson.net/contact
I you want to come to the script kidding party :) join us at
Serious developers are welcome too :) but remember "if it's cool, it works(in some way),doesn't annoying(too much) rest of things and fits on the nand it's in" :) we will let scalability, stability, resource saving and so on to the OM guys :)
- If after an opkg update/upgrade dialer, contacts and other qtopia-x11 apps don't work and qpe shows an error window you should check whether the startup file is executable, or revert changes.
The following adds permissions of read and execution to the qtopia startup session file:
# chmod a+rx /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia
The following reverts last change to the qtopia startup session file:
# cp /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia.bk~ /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia
Now reboot the neo.
15 Sep Updates
- It seems that there were major updates today that caused dialer to not work , It does happen when you click on dialer and it does exit with Enlightenment error , qucik fix to this is
# ln /opt/Qtopia/bin/qcop /usr/bin/qcop -s
but i believe adding /opt/Qtopia/bin to global system path is better solution (How?).
- added Pidgin -> Instant Messaging multiprotocol, installed with plugins for irc and xppm/googletalk. More plugins are avaible on the amstrong repository. There are some gtk gliches, but messaging is functionally usable.
- added Remoko -> PC remote controler via bluetooth, with gestures it's easy to look like one is performing black magic conjurations, I recommend to train gestures with more subtle moviments ;)
- added Thomas B. <tommy.b at gmx dot net> illume Raster's keyboard Numbers splitted version-> my wrong pin entries has decreased sensible. Thanks, Thomas !
- omview e17 theme applied
- opkg update/upgrade make today
- Some 20080805 bugs eliminated
- opkg update/upgrade make today
Installed graphical applications
- Default apps from OM2008.08-updates excluding Locations
- qtopia-phone-x11-mediaplayer (not tested yet)
- Raster's Illume keyboard with qwerty button and configuration wrench
- tap/untap -> silly script to landscape/portrait screen switch
- numptyphysics -> addictive game
- tangogps -> configured to use Google Maps
- Mofi-> wifi assistant
- omview-> image viewer
- orrery-> Stelar maps of the sky GPS capable
- services -> GPRS and GSM control. You must reconfigure the GPRS scripts for your data-provider. Search the wiki or lists for more information.
- agps-ui-> GPS testing
- minimo-> web browser
Installed terminal-based applications
- fixed qte-illume keyboard fights (here illume wins :) )
- fixed pygtk
- fixed gtk2 theme
- Used packages from angstrom repository, but without adding it to the feeds, dependencies solved manually
- some method to add submenus ->I was thinking about some simply pygtk .desktop reader that can read a dir passed by parameter and shows an scrollable list of buttons, more sofistications later
- Duke Nukem 3d
- Spanish Dictionary
- Tango look
- Navit-> route solver
Some people talking about us ;) thanks a lot