The community mailing list is the focus of discussion around Openmoko, and there are a number of other lists related to specific development-related topics. See the development resources for more information.
Why aren't there Web forums?
This question did come up regularly (example) on the community mailing list. Apparently, there are two groups of people: one group does not like Web forums; the other group prefers Web forums. This leads to advocacy for each style of communication without any real conclusion.
The consensus after all these discussions is as follows:
- There is no single system which suits everyone.
- Mailing lists are the traditional approach for many open source projects (and are already in use).
- There is no benefit in convincing anyone to switch, nor is it likely to happen.
- We can provide access to the lists in addition to the traditional interfaces (e-mail, Web archives).
- The users can decide themselves!
Web Interfaces to Mailing Lists
- email@example.com (English)
- firstname.lastname@example.org logs (Czech and Slovak)
- http://www.neo1973-germany.de (German)
- http://freeyourphone.de (German)
- http://openmokoforums.eu and .com(English)
- http://forum.telefoninux.org/ (Italian)
- http://www.openmokofans.com/forums/ (Simplified Chinese)
Please also note that fora become more valuable by heavy usage.