Revision as of 08:46, 17 December 2010 by Linuxxr
deb19 is ready to use, modified Debian sid, maintained by adiblol.
- Download filesystem:
- Experimental, 2010-10-17: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7926454/openmoko/deb19/deb19_2010-10-17.tar.bz2 - 282MiB, 850MiB unpacked. This is really experimental version, don't rely on it, but in my opinion it is usable. Feel free to test and comment it.
- Install Qi bootloader in NAND flash.
- Prepare SD card:
- 1st partition: ext2 for system, at least 1GiB
- 2nd partition: fat32 for user data such as music. Mounted on /mnt/userfiles. Non-obligatory, if you don't want to have this partition, comment out /dev/mmcblk0p2 in /etc/fstab.
- Untar filesystem archive to first partition.
- Unmount and/or eject SD card, then insert it into your FreeRunner.
- Boot by pressing POWER. Root password is changeme
Changes comparing to original Debian
- Xorg uses glamo driver instead of fbdev,
- Configured Matchbox windows manager with finger-friendly theme,
- Installed: Woosh, Pidgin, mpd, Sonata, VLC, SMplayer and others,
- More finger-friendly matchbox-keyboard with Polish characters (ąćęłńóżź),
- Touch and hold the screen to simulate right click
- Profile selection in Zhone doesn't work,
- You can't switch to any window from desktop (workaround: select battery from openmoko-panel-plugin and do the switching from window that will appear),
- Matchbox-keyboard layout has no Tab button (You can restore original keyboard layout by removing or renaming /home/omuser/.matchbox/keyboard.xml),
- Bottom panel can crash after screen orientation change.
- Mokomaze doesn't work because of permissions problem. (workaround: run as root).
In next release...
- Installed wicd and Sakura
- Screen rotation buttons (at top panel?)
- Replace Zhone with something better. Installing phoneui-apps can destabilize frameworkd, you have been warned!
- Better application launcher
- Better keyboard (write something new?)
- Install Paroli please