Configure Om 2009 for Austrian use
first version with austrian stuff, and focus on everyday usability
--zoff99 13:00, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
now with a-gps and cellhunter a-gps uses your GSM cellinfo to ger location from cellhunter, the reads a-gps data from u-blox have fun ...
--zoff99 09:14, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- have at least 1,5 hours of time ready, for the whole procedure
- have fast internet, you need to download lots of stuff
- download exactly these versions of Om 2009 from z0ph
1.  qi boot loader
2.  kernel (kernöl)
3.  root image
these are the original names of the files:
fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2 (daily testing image from 16-Jun-2009 04:35 88M)
- flash qi, kernel and root image to your neo (i tested this on GTA02v6). Detailed instructions for Freerunner
- download customize pack from z0ph
4.  customize pack (400 MBytes)
- if you want it quick, you can instead download customize pack without navit maps, its much smaller
5.  customize pack without maps (50 MBytes)
to download (or update!!) the austrian map file later do (you need fast internet on your neo):
cd /media/card/navit/ ./get_austria.map.sh # this will download about 350 MBytes!!
- unpack the customize pack to your SD-Card (to /media/card). my /media/card partition is type VFAT
- boot up your neo, and let it run until paroli has logged in to your GSM net
- then shutdown the neo (press and hold power button for a few seconds)
- boot up your neo again, and let paroli log in to your GSM network again.
Localize for AT
- for GOD's sake try NOT to get any phonecalls while you do this part
- if at ANY time you get messages "Error loading Module: would you like to unload this module, bla bla" just press "yes" !!
- if at ANY time you get messages "Fehler beim laden des Modules: möchten sie dieses Modul abschalten, bla bla" just press "yes" !!
- now connect your neo with usb and login via ssh
- you NEED internet on your neo for this, otherwise dependent packages can't be downloaded
- start (as root on your neo):
cd /media/card/ ./init_om2009.sh
- this will take some time !! have coffee ready :-)
* just before this script is done, you have to comfigure E17 again.
# select "Deutsch" als language (then press next)
# select "paroli-serenity" as profile (then press next)
# select "systemstandard" as menüs (then press next)
# don't checkbox any applications in Quick Launch (then press next)
* now wait for the customize script to finish
- now start (also as root on your neo):
cd /media/card/ ./do_opkg_upgrade.sh
- hopefully no errors have occured
- reboot your neo, and let paroli settle down and login to your GSM network
- now navit should have austrian maps, and speak in german to you :-)
- you can suspend/resume anytime! even when navit is speaking! yeah really, it works
- date and time should also be correct
- press AUX button quick and zedlock should come up, draw a big "Z" to unlock again
- hold POWER button for 2 seconds, and neu will shutown
- if shutdown with POWER button fails, go to illume home screen, pull down the menu and press the big red "X", a menu should appear
Test it (german)
- Navit sollte alles in deutsch anzeigen, österreichkarten laden und vor allem der neo sollte beim laufen von Navit nicht blanken oder suspenden
- please give some feedback
- GPS Off
turn gps chip off (normally you DON'T need this!!)
- GPS On
turn gps chip on (normally you DON'T need this!!)
- GPS Up...
push agps data into GPS chip (start refresh agps first!!)
- GPS rfh
refresh agps data from u-blox.com, you need an account there (its free) configure your login data in "/usr/bin/agps-alm.py"
wooom,woooooooooom. help me obi-wan ...
small webbrowser, usable but not really the best
mokomaze, you might know it from some mobile phones
moooooooooo moooooooooo, just shake the phone
Navit version from SVN. it shows full austria,german und switzerland map. speaks to you in german. it takes almost all CPU you have, so don't push it too far. otherwise it works very well.
main phone,sms,contacts application. real slow to start, but works rather well
shr-settings from SHR. runs really fine. I just made some small changes to fit to Om2009
change USB mode
use this great program ONLY as a last resort. it does NOT play well together with FSO and frameworkd
just try it, and annoy the poeple in your office :-)
omShuffle music player. put your music files in /media/card/music/ directory and omShuffle will play random songs
- zedlock (icon is just a backup, press AUX to activate)
great screen locker. draw a big "Z" on the screen in 1 second to unlock screen
- gpe-scap (only command line)
login via ssh to your neo. start "export DISPLAY=:0 ; gpe-scap" on commandline to make a screenshot
- sms-sentry (no icon)
send sms with text "sentry<passwd>:location" to your neo, and get an sms with current position back. default passwd is '12345'. you can confiure it in /etc/sms-sentry sample /etc/sms-sentry:
Functions / Goodies:
- AUX button short press
- Power button short press
- Power button hold for 2 seconds